Terms & Conditions
1. Our Promise to You
The team at Total Communication (TC) are committed to providing you with an exemplary service. Our staff will follow and abide by Codes of Conduct relevant to our profession (NRCPD and Total Communication’s own). You have our assurance that our staff are all appropriately qualified and / or registered for any assignment they undertake.
2. Our Contract with You
A contract between TC and you (the purchaser) will be effective when you provide either verbal or written confirmation of an assignment you wish us to fulfil. The exchanging of a booking confirmation and Terms and Conditions is deemed the written contract and that you accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
- In the instance when a last minute or emergency booking is made a verbal contract will often need to suffice and the written contract sent retrospectively. In any case a verbal contract is deemed as being subject to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
- TC requires you to provide accurate information outlined on the booking form and will not take responsibility for any information provided incorrectly.
- TC will always provide you with an appropriately qualified member of staff for each assignment and environment. If the staff member is changed after the booking is confirmed, TC will notify you of any changes.
- The purchaser will not make any attempt to secure the services of any member of staff directly.
3. Assignment Good practice and Working Conditions
When the member of staff arrives and the assignment is considerably different from that described at the time of booking, the staff member has a right to withdraw their services. An example of this would be unexpected stressful elements or that to continue would be detrimental to the member of staff and not in the best interests of the client.
4. Health & Safety
In some situations it will be necessary for there to be 2 interpreters working together. This will be discussed at the time of booking.
- The client must support the member of staff in observing recommended / agreed breaks. No demands shall be placed on the member of staff during a rest break
- The member of staff is responsible for themselves and must make an effort to be familiar with any Health and Safety aspects pertinent to their environment and working conditions. Any concerns that the purchaser may have regarding the environment must be identified on the appropriate place on the Booking Form.
- Preparation material can be integral to the quality of an interpretation. Any material available should be forwarded to TC as soon as it becomes available to the client.
- Should a client fail to attend, the member of staff will wait for 30 minutes before leaving. They will make every attempt to consult with the client / organiser before departure. The purchaser is still liable to pay the full fee agreed at the time of booking.
Clients should pay within 28 days of the invoice being raised. Electronic Payments should be made to:
Sort Code: 40-47-39
Account No: 11542257
- Late payment will incur an additional charge. Each reminder will incur an additional cost of £30.00
- All invoices are subject to VAT at the national rate.
- Should an assignment be re-scheduled it may not be possible to waive the fee.
6. Other Costs
Car Parking and other out of pocket expenses are paid at cost by the purchaser. Any necessary charges for travel (mileage, rail or air) will be agreed at the time of booking as will any possible costs for any travel time.
Cancellations within 7 calendar days will be charged at the cost specified on the booking form. Any cancellations outside of the 7 days will incur an administration fee of £25.00 + vat
8. Company Offices
D5, Kings Road,
131-133 Cardiff Road,
Company Registration No - 7189662
VAT No - 798 0431 00